Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 1

I am looking at an idea for artwork. It has to be splotchy. Simple random pattern generated by folding a paper with wet paint splashed on it. Kindergarten artwork! Hahahaha! But the Rorschach effect feels in sync with the kind of visual projection I imagine for the music I intend to make.


I might probably let some person with actual artistic skills reinterpret my idea later. For now I guess that's quite cool to begin with.

The song is coming slowly into form, and I'm really happy with the way things are going. I just hope I can write more material like this. A sample demo was made:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81045623/q-demo.mp3

Picked up a bit on Absynth and the insaaaaaane Spektral Delay. Its so awesome, I used it on my acoustic guitar sounds and now they're sounding fabulous! If I ever make any money from this I swear to pay Native Instruments and pick up an official copy.

Need to work more on:

  1. Drum parts
  2. Flow of the song
  3. Extended outro
  4. Vocals and lyrics. I'm really struggling to do justice on this one.
Hopefully I shall finish this off soon enough and start on a fresh track. I hope I make atleast 3 more demos like this before college starts. Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment